Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2018/2019 Parapro II - Federal Programs - 19 hrs per week
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Job Reference #: 1441
Openings as of 3/18/2019
- 2018/2019 Parapro II - Federal Programs - 19 hrs per week JobID: 1441
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Cloves Campbell Elementary School
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED TITLE: Paraprofessional II
CLASSIFICATION: School Site—Federal Programs Grant funded position contingent on continued external funding
REPORTS TO: Principal with work direction from assigned teacher(s)
SUMMARY The Federal Programs Paraprofessional will provide instructional support for the assigned teacher(s).
1. Provide services to the classroom teacher by instructing individual or small groups of students.
2. Monitor student activities as assigned by teacher.
3. Distribute resource materials to students and pick up and store materials from individual students.
4. Prepare bulletin boards and teaching aides.
5. Make copies and collate materials.
6. Assist with student testing administration and scoring.
7. Provide assistance with audiovisual materials.
8. Assist classroom teacher with general cleanup and preparation.
9. Perform routine clerical and/or typing duties related to preparation of instruction.
10. Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
11. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency and an AA degree or 60 hours of college credits or a passing score on a paraprofessional test.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
• English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
• Aptitude for specific assignments and duties including knowledge of basic early childhood education.
• Good emotional and physical health.
• Able to bend, lift 25 pounds, and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-Time up-to nineteen (19) hours per week until end of 2018/2019 school year.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!