Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 SY - Speech Language Pathalogist Assistant
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Openings as of 12/5/2019
- 19/20 SY - Speech Language Pathalogist Assistant JobID: 1715
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Assist in assessing student communication skills (articulation, language, fluency, and voice) for the purpose of determining speech and language deficits and developing recommendations.
- Meet regularly with Licensed Speech Therapist based on the Arizona Department of Health Services level of performance: entry, intermediate, and advanced and experience.
- Attend department and multidisciplinary team meetings with the Speech Language Pathologist to provide and receive information.
- Conduct speech and language screenings using approved screening instruments to determine students’ speech and language deficits.
- Confer with the classroom teacher to provide information, implement plans for services, and/or make recommendations as directed by the supervising Speech Language Pathologist.
- Maintain files and/or records to provide written support and required documentation.
- Perform record keeping and basic clerical functions to support the supervising Speech Language Pathologist.
- Prepare materials and follow speech-language lessons appropriate for individuals or small groups.
- Provide direct instructional services to students under the supervision of the Speech Language Pathologist to implement the goals for remediation of speech language deficits.
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their activities.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
- Able to work with detail and have patience and understanding of the basic learning process.
- Good emotional and physical health.
- Transportation available to serve multiple school sites during the work day.
TITLE: Speech Language Pathology Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Special Needs – Level 26
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent for Special Needs and Speech Language Pathologist
SUMMARY: The speech language pathology assistant will provide assistance in assessing student speech development levels, implement goals for speech and language, and provide information.
AA degree, 60 hours of college credit, or pass the ParaPro test.
Completed credited college courses in speech therapy in a two-year program.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Certificate of completion in Speech/Language Pathology Assistant program from a certified community college or university or 25 hours undergraduate or graduate hours in the area of speech/language pathology from an accredited university.
Arizona driver’s license with good driving record.
The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Level 26, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!