Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 SY - Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Job Reference #: 1614
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 7/18/2019
- 19/20 SY - Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant JobID: 1614
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED TITLE: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Licensed
- Meet regularly with supervisor in accordance with guidelines established by the American Occupational Therapy Association: close – daily, direct contact at the work site; routine – direct contact at least two weeks at the work site with interim supervision occurring by telephone or written communication; general – monthly, direct contact with supervision available as needed; and minimum – supervision on an as-needed basis.
- Meet regularly with supervisor based on COTA’s level of performance: entry, intermediate, and advanced and experience.
- Design and implement treatment plan for students.
- Provide activities and treatments to achieve the goals designed for the student.
- Report and document all sessions in a therapy log using progress notes.
- Contribute information and standardized test results for evaluation and ongoing student assessment.
- Provide information as a team member to help to identify individual levels of functionality and future needs of students.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
- Able to work with detail and have patience and understanding of the basic learning process.
- Good emotional and physical health.
- Able to bend, lift 40 pounds, and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
CLASSIFICATION: Special Needs Department
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Needs
SUMMARY: The certified occupational therapy assistant will provide occupational therapy treatments for special needs students.
Completed two-year college coursework in occupational therapy.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Passed the national certification examination and received the certificate for occupational therapy from the American Occupational Therapy Certification Board.
Occupational Therapy License from the State of Arizona Licensing Board.
Previous experience in working with individuals with physical and special needs.
The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Certified Non-Teacher Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!