Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Pathologist
at Queen Creek Unified School District
Plan and provide direct therapy to students with speech, voice or language disorders. Assess students and provide therapeutic intervention to eliminate or reduce problems or impairments that interfere with student's ability to derive full benefit from educational program.
- Completed program in Speech Language Pathology/Communication Disorders.
- Bachelors degree - Masters degree preferred.
- Current state license to practice speech therapy in the state of Arizona.
- Working knowledge of IEP development.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assess students with speech or language disorders and determine eligibility for services.
- Develop annual IEPs and complete 3-year re-evaluations.
- Develop daily speech services schedule.
- Plan and provide appropriate individual and group therapy to students consistent with speech/language goals contained in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom based activities to improve oral and written language skills of students.
- Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of therapy services.
- Assist in the selection of materials, equipment and supplies for diagnostics and therapy.
- Ongoing communication with parents, teacher and principal.
- Complete all paperwork required by the district.
- Develop needed professional skills appropriate to job assignment.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules and local board policy.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
- Serve as an advocate for all children and youth.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPENSATION: Per District Salary Schedule/Certified Support Professionals
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education/Site Administrator
EVALUATION: Per District Policy
HOURS: 40 hours per week and may require longer hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)