Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian (Part Time)
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To see that all common spaces, and athletic facilities on our school sites are cleaned to the District standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Satisfactory criminal back ground check
- Position requires the following physical demands: be able to lift up to 50 lbs, be able to exert 50 -60 lbs of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel
- Working may involve a late night shift until about 11 pm during the school year.
- Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment as well as floor cleaning equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations with janitorial site lead and fellow workers.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Dust mop, sweep, and wet mop hard surface floors.
- Vacuum clean rugs and carpets.
- Scrub and clean bathroom fixtures and keep supplied.
- Clean walls, doors, windows, and woodwork.
- Clean elevators and stairwells.
- Empty trash receptacles.
- Notify janitorial site lead of equipment and facilities needing repairs or replacement.
- Dust, clean, and polish furniture and countertops.
- Being flexible and performing other duties assigned by Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel for extended periods of time, as well as to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., be able to exert 50 -60 lbs. of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-MONTH; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter F
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Building Operations
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 25 hours per week; 3:30pm-8:30pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Saturday, December 1, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)