Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counselor, Guidance Elementary
at Queen Creek Unified School District
This is a part-time posotion.
To provide guidance services, advocacy and collaboration to support students, parents, teachers and administrators in resolving various types of educational, social, civic and personal situations and to promote growth for students.
- Arizona Teaching Certificate with Guidance Counselor endorsement.
- Maintain a valid Fingerprint Card
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move 25 lbs.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Adhere to laws, policies, procedures and ethical standards of the school counseling profession.
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards as outlined by ASCA.
- Coordinate and facilitate prevention and intervention programs.
- Advise administrators and faculty on matters of student discipline.
- Work with teachers and other staff members to familiarize them with the general range of services offered by the student personnel services department and to improve the educational prospects of individual students being counseled.
- Provide in-service training in guidance for new faculty members, teachers and student teachers.
- Take an active role in interpreting the school’s objectives to students, parents and the community at large.
- Initiate and implement individual and group counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding and maturity.
- Work with students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems, relations, health and emotional adjustment.
- Implement an effective referral and follow up process as needed.
- Maintain records of counseling services and consulting contacts.
- Initiate and assemble accurate and pertinent records. Initiate, assemble, maintain and interpret cumulative progress records and uniform transcript records for assigned students.
- Work to resolve student’s educational handicaps.
- Work to discover and develop special abilities of students.
- Work to identify and refer students with special needs.
- Confer with parents whenever necessary.
- Cooperate with outside agencies and other Special Needs services within the district.
- Register with Medicaid as a provider and maintain required logs and times studies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: FY19 194 Days = 187 + 7 Holidays NEW Guidance Counselor
COMPENSATION: Per District Certified Salary Schedule; annual salary for full-time is $44,000-54,000
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Per District Policy
HOURS: 20 hours per week and may require longer hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)