Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
Provide a safe environment for the transportation of special needs students.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Be able to pass fingerprint and background checks.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, First Aid and CPR Certification.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide assistance to school bus driver in maintaining order and discipline for special needs students riding on District vehicles.
- Be able to tie-down wheelchairs and use other special needs restraints.
- Safeguard all supplies and equipment.
- Help prepare and clean special needs vehicles.
- Communicate with Director of Transportation, vehicle drivers, and District staff in a professional manner.
- Provide departmental reports as requested.
- Complete written reports and discuss with Director of Transportation all accidents, vehicle damage and student injury situations.
- Be willing to work split shifts, as determined by the Director of Transportation.
- Attend mandatory department meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of information about staff and students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time, as well as to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to apply physical exertion including running, jumping, climbing, tugging, lifting, pulling, and restraining. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: FY19 180 Days PT Classified
COMPENSATION: Per District Certified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
HOURS: 26.25 hours per week; 6:45am-9:15am & 1:45pm-4:00pm
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Saturday, December 1, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)