Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UAS Flight Instructor (Gray Eagle MQ-1C)
at Pinnacle Solutions
|Title:||UAS Flight Instructor (Gray Eagle MQ-1C)|
|Location:||Fort Huachuca, Arizona|
Pinnacle is seeking a UAS Flight Instructor (MQ-1C) to support our Services business area. Pinnacle, headquartered in Huntsville, AL, is a leading innovator, developer, and provider of defense and aerospace products and services. Pinnacle fosters a work-hard, play-hard corporate culture, with many opportunities for advancement and career progression in a fast-paced organization that is experiencing exponential growth. Pinnacle has been on the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019! While Pinnacle offers competitive, traditional benefits, we are excited about the recent implementation of an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)!
JOB DESCRIPTIONIndividuals serving as flight instructors (Gray Eagle MQ-1C) are required to provide flight and simulation instruction in support of the US Army’s UAS Training Battalion located at Ft Huachuca, AZ. Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex flight and simulations training programs.
2. Establishes and reviews course content as required.
3. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and flight information.
4. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
5. May provide leadership and evaluation for other instructors, as assigned.
6. Stays current with new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
7. Maintains current knowledge (currency) of all equipment and software utilized by our customer to provide training.
8. Participates in special projects within the scope of the Performance Work Statement (PWS), as required.
9. May be required to operate/instruct any of the customer's UAS platforms, based on customer’s training throughput (surge)
Minimum 4 years’ experience and 200 flight hours on the Gray Eagle UAS (Documented in Flight records/addressed on resume)
Strong interpersonal, coaching and team building skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with the U.S. Army Aviation or other Government contracting agencies
Must be able to ascend and descend stairs; stand for an extended period of time up to at least 50 minutes and walk at least 100 meters across uneven or unpaved surfaces
Must be a US Citizen
Rotational shift work is required; typically 24/5 coverage, with rotations based on work section requirements
Instructor/Operator (IO) designation, earned at either Ft Huachuca or certified by Army Aviation’s Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES)
Prior TRADOC experience; Instructor/Operator hours in training environment preferred; multi-platform quals preferred
Prior deployment and operation of the platform applying to instruct
Familiarity with ISO- certified Quality Management System
Current active US Secret Clearance
High School Graduate, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or work/military experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (Certifications, Etc.)
System qualification in Gray Eagle MQ-1C UAS on software version 4.3.3 (UGCS) or later
Must be able to obtain and maintain a flight physical per AR 95-20. Must be able to satisfactorily complete all evaluations to include TRADOC instructor evaluations per 2/13th Aviation Regiment SOPs, and oral academic evaluations, no-notice evaluations, DES, PFEs, and SFE per AR 95-20.Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance if required.
Travel up to 10% required.
Pinnacle Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans