Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1853 - Contracts/Grants Manager (Clinical Contracts Manager)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 57
Manages and administers the contracts and grants of a departmental accounting unit.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor)
Manages a support staff involved in monitoring contracts and grants;
Directs and supervises an accounting staff engaged in the budgetary, accounting and financial aspects of the department;
Directs the development of specifications for contracts following legal guidelines;
Establishes policies and procedures for answering questions about contracts and the issuance of change of work orders;
Sets policies and guidelines for negotiation of contracts and administers the negotiations;
Supervises the preparation of the budget portion of grant applications and coordinates the preparation of the overall grant application;
Coordinates the processing of grant agreements;
Provides input and approves payment for contractor billings;
Directs and participates in the preparation of the annual department budget using input from division directors and management staff;
Monitors budget execution for multiple cost centers and reports on the current status;
Reviews and approves payment for demands, travel requests, travel claims and requisitions for supplies and petty cash claims.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles of contract administration;
- accounting principles and practices;
- statutory requirements affecting contracts and grants;
- public sector administrative practices including budget, finance and personnel;
- principles of effective supervision.
- administering the monitoring, review and negotiation of contracts;
- directing the application for grants and the subsequent administration of the grants upon award;
- directing and supervising the activities of a professional accounting staff;
- coordinating various cost centers in the development of the departmental budget;
- interpreting and utilizing governmental laws, rules and regulations as they apply to contracts and grants.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, accounting, finance, government contracting or business contracting or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority and five years of progressively responsible experience monitoring, reviewing and administering contracts and grants, including three years of experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
(Additional relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted)
(2) Two years with Pima County as a Contracts/Grants Administrator.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience managing contracts and procurement processes, particularly medical or clinical contracts.
- Experience creating reports tracking contract timelines, progress and deliverables.
- Experience in medical billing, coding, claims and third party payer contracts.
- At least one (1) year experience using a financial management system.
- Experience using AMS Financial Management System.
- At least one (1) year experience working with high volume contracts and agreements and high value contracts.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver's license and access to a registered/insured vehicle for business travel is required (business mileage reimbursed) at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.