Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1212 - Supply Technician - Senior (Inmate Property)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Jail Records Division of the Pima County Sheriff's Department.
Salary Grade: 26
Receives, issues, inventories and stores supplies, materials and equipment. Performs various processing tasks and manual duties requiring familiarity with the supply and/or property operations. Some positions perform duties in law enforcement or corrections environments and may include daily contact with inmates. Some positions may perform duties in a medical setting and be required to order, handle, store, and deliver hazardous materials.
Preference given to current Pima County employees with preference to current Sheriff's Department employees.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Prepares invoices for payment verifying against packing slips and maintains payment ledger on computer system;
Requisitions, receives, stores and distributes supplies, materials, property and equipment;
Verifies receiving receipts, bills of lading and packing slips against purchase and order requisitions;
Gathers and compiles information regarding the issue and delivery of items;
Posts supply and property information to logs and ledgers and maintains documentation on computer files;
Insures that perishable items are stored properly;
Insures proper handling, labeling, and transport of medical products, specimens, etc.;
Receives supply requisitions and fills orders;
Maintains and conducts inventory of supplies on hand;
Issues and delivers supplies, property and equipment;
Maintains reorder point records for and reorders supplies when minimum balance is reached;
Provides information in response to inquiries concerning orders placed, received and/or delivered;
Operates delivery vehicle and other materials handling equipment;
Lifts and removes heavy boxes and items from shelves and bins;
Prepares purchase requisitions and maintains file and records of transaction on computer;
Maintain vending machine stock to include inventory, stocking and ordering vending items;
Collects funds from vending and other coin machines, counts and balances money against sold quantities, completes deposit slips and other documentation;
Assists in training of supply personnel;
Assists in leading and coordinating the work of supply personnel in maintaining departmental storerooms' inventory and supplies;
Assists in training, monitoring and general supervision of inmates assigned to work with the unit;
Takes custody of inmate property and documents receipt of property transactions;
May perform minor maintenance on vending machines and change machines by fixing jams.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and practices of ordering, receipt, storage, inventory control and distribution of supplies, materials, property and equipment;
- principles and practices of handling, storage, and delivery of medically sensitive materials;
- applications of automated information systems;
- basic arithmetical principles and practices;
- money handling and deposits procedures;
- principles and practices of inventory control, and property/supply storage;
- methods and procedures used in handling warehouse stock and property;
- warehouse safety practices;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- purchasing and requisitioning procedures;
- procedures and practices involved in working alongside inmates;
- facility safety, emergency and security procedures.
- following verbal and written instructions;
- storing, inventorying, distributing and receiving supplies, materials, property and equipment;
- maintaining effective working relationships with vendors and staff;
- stocking and rotating stock, especially date sensitive supplies and materials;
- entering information into and retrieving information from a computer data base;
- verifying supplies, materials and equipment received against order documentation;
- operating a vehicle and various types of office and materials handling equipment;
- lifting heavy boxes and equipment;
- communicating effectively.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) Two years of experience in receipt, inventorying and distribution of supplies, materials, property and/or equipment.
(2) One year of experience with Pima County as a Supply Technician, Supply Processing and Distribution Technician I or Supply, Processing and Distribution Technician.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- One (1) year experience in supply inventory.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to maintain the required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: Due to need for access to law enforcement, detention or correctional facilities, some positions may require satisfactory completion of personal background investigation by law enforcement agencies.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: The ability to: lift, push, pull and carry 50 pounds or more; stoop and bend; wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); and independently move and manipulate heavy objects. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.