Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 TOA, CTE/CEE ACADEMIC RESOURCE TEACHER- MATH (CC# 1037)
at Phoenix Union High School District
Job Reference #: 2584
Openings as of 3/22/2019
TEACHER ON ASSIGNMENT
- 19/20 TOA, CTE/CEE ACADEMIC RESOURCE TEACHER- MATH (CC# 1037) JobID: 2584
- Position Type:
TEACHER ON ASSIGNMENT
- Date Posted:
CEE- CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE(CTE/MAGNET)
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
- Analyzes course, campus and district level data in mathematics for the purpose of sharing information with teachers and making informed decisions relative to instructional and assessment practices.
- Assesses skills and needs (both initially and ongoing) of teachers and students for the purpose of determining the kinds of professional development and strategies needed to bring about student achievement and gains in value added scores in mathematics.
- Leads and participates in on-going and job-embedded professional development (e.g. collaborative team meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information related to math content knowledge, pedagogy, and coaching.
- Researches and provides information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative mathematics practices through various activities such as:
- individual discussions (informal and formal);
- coaching sessions;
- demonstration lessons with pre- and post-discussion/analysis;
- collaborative teams or PLCs (horizontal and vertical);
- staff meetings; and
- professional development programs
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records (e.g. State data, student records, other data regarding math proficiency etc.) for the purpose of determining success of math coaching on student achievement.
- Mentors and coaches high school teachers and campus level coaches for the purpose of building capacity to teach and improving mathematics instruction.
- Prepares lesson plans, in collaboration with teachers, for the purpose of differentiating instruction and adhering to scope and sequence guides and district curriculum.
- Maintain paperwork consistently, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Meet monthly with the other district Mathematics Coaches and the Math Content Specialist
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Academic Intervention or related field preferred.
- Arizona Secondary Teaching Certificate.
- Minimum of five (5) years of mathematics related teaching experience in a middle or secondary setting.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the following with groups of adult learners: collaborating, modeling, observing, providing feedback and support: to improve instructional practice.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with District and campus level administration, Teachers on Assignment, Support Staff, and Arizona State Department of Education Personnel.
- Possess a working knowledge of audio, video, digital equipment, and related software or internet based programs.
- Good command of the English language and ability to compose letters and reports using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of District policies and procedures preferred.
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
|POSITION TITLE:||TOA, Mathematics Coach||DIVISION:||Instruction & Accountability|
|WORK YEAR:||9 Months||DEPARTMENT:||Curriculum|
|LOCATION:||CES||SALARY SCHEDULE:||Teacher/Title I Funded|
The Mathematics Coach consults and works collaboratively with the Mathematics Content Specialist to lead and participate in the evaluation, selection development and integration of a District-wide coaching model using appropriate technology, professional development, curriculum, group and individual coaching sessions and management of student and staff learning management systems. The Mathematics coach will work with staff district wide to promote and monitor the implementation of state standard aligned, district adopted curriculum and the related plans for continuous improvement. The Mathematics Coach will work with appropriate personnel at the District level to implement and support current best practices in teaching and learning as they relate to mathematics instruction and programmatic requirements as determined by the Arizona Department of Education. Performs job related duties as assigned. This position may be renewed on an annual basis and is only valid for the length of the time that the Arizona Department of Education approves the use of Title I funds.
POSITION TITLE: TOA, MATHEMATICS COACH
|PREPARED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||JOB NUMBER:||EFFECTIVE |
|Laura Telles, Director of Curriculum|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!