Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Utilization Review Specialist: Friday -Tuesday 32 hr per week
at Oasis Behavioral Health
OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for contacting external case managers/managed care organizations for certification and recertification of insurance authorization for Sierra Tucson clients. This individual will also be responsible for verifying insurance coverage on potential patients and communicate financial/insurance information to the admissions team. This position requires a thorough understanding of the facility’s treatment program and philosophy, knowledge of mental health / substance abuse issues as well as insurance procedures, the ability to multi task in a quick paced environment, strong organizational, communication, and computer skills, and a high level of confidentiality.
SCHEDULE: Days Friday - Tuesday 32Hours a week
- Knowledge of mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills with the ability to navigate a Windows environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degrees preferred
- Strong computer and phone skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Maintain complete confidentiality in all patient/program matters, in accordance with facility policy.
Adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the job, the department, and external regulating bodies or obtain approval for exception.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.