Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Utilization Management - Title 36 Specialist Part-time
at Oasis Behavioral Health
The UM Title 36 Specialist serves as the primary point of contact for the involuntary commitment process per Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 36. The UM Title 36 Specialist will work closely with County Attorney Office’s around the State of Arizona, the different RHBA’s of Arizona, and the Arizona Superior Court on a daily basis. Will compile & maintain data for monthly reports that will need to be submitted, complete legal documents on a daily basis, and attend court hearings. Will coordinate getting the patient to the proceedings that take place in the Hospital Court Room. The UM Title 36 Specialist is also responsible for the daily submission of mental health legal documents to the County Attorney's Office, CPSA, and the Superior Court.
The UM Specialist also collects, analyzes and provides pertinent, timely clinical information to payer sources and external utilization review personnel for authorization of inpatient stay and/or outpatient services. Serves as a member of the inpatient-multi-disciplinary treatment team providing information related to medical necessity, review criteria, and patient beliefs.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Title 36 Revised Statutes and able to work in a highly complex system.
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively listen, process received information, and express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility, suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job without being asked.
- Ability to understand and comply with government regulations, regulatory and accreditation requirements and hospital policies.
- Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of information and respond to requests for information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Legal or Human Services field with a minimum of two years similar experience that includes working knowledge of Title 36 Statutes, knowledge of medical psychiatric terminology, diagnoses and legal terminology, and experience with involuntary court ordered evaluations and legal proceedings; or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Ability to complete Handle with Care course is required.
- Clear TB screening.
- Clear background and drug screen.