Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Commitment Bonus Available
at Oasis Behavioral Health
As a Registered Nurse (RN) at Sonora Behavioral Health, which is part of the nation’s leading behavioral healthcare network, you will play an essential role in our organization. You will also make a vital contribution to the health and well-being of individuals in crisis and their loved ones. You will be a pivotal provider of empathetic care.
Sonora Behavioral Health provides comprehensive care within a safe, structured, and highly supportive environment. We have earned a national reputation both for clinical excellence and an unwavering commitment to superior customer service. Your contributions in this position will ensure that we maintain the highest standards and retain our position as a recognized leader in the behavioral healthcare space.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you’ll work closely with each person who is entrusted to our care. For these individuals, you’ll be a valued source of both medical care and compassionate support. You will also be relied on by the other members of our treatment teams for documentation, information, and insights related to the continued progress of the individuals who are healing with us.
This is a challenging, dynamic, and extremely rewarding position. While serving as a Registered Nurse (RN) with us, you will have the opportunity to enhance your current skillset, develop new capabilities, assume greater responsibilities, and become a recognized leader in your field. Every day that you are with us, you will know that your efforts are directly improving the lives of individuals and families in crisis.
Sonora Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our employees. Current benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential and overtime available
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Up to $5,000 two-year commitment bonus available for full-time candidates
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement with an excellent training program
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing patients’ physical and behavioral health needs.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans.
- Maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physicians’ orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patients’ status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information is gathered and documented.
- Notify physicians of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency, change in medical status regarding response to medications, and related challenges.
- Ensure that initial nursing treatment plans are completed upon admission and that all nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note.
- Document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Complete admission and discharge processing efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, respecting personal space, giving patients direct attention, and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, co-workers, and others involved in patient treatment.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as required by Arizona
- We prefer one year of nursing experience within clinical area of service provided by the facility.
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification preferred (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First Aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS
If you’re ready to join a high-functioning team that is providing essential service within a dynamic and challenging field, contact us today. We have full and part-time positions with day, night and weekend shifts available. Shifts are 12-hours, 3 days per week with shift differentials and overtime available.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or gender.