Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Admissions
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Sonora Behavioral Health is Arizona's largest inpatient psychiatric hospital. We provide stabilization treatment of mental health and chemical dependency issues affecting children, adolescents, adults and active duty military personnel. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission and committed to providing superior quality care.
Sonora Behavioral Health has an immediate need for Assistant Director of Admissions to provide support and oversight of the daily operations of patient intake and/or admissions and business development, which may include scheduling, training, process improvement initiatives, event planning, and other duties as required.
- Facilitate intake, admissions and utilization review process for incoming patients.
- Plan, review, analyze, and report on activities performed by members of the admissions and BD teams.
- Gather data and report on BD & Admissions trends in census, referrals, call volume, conversions, and other key metrics.
- Develop, implement and monitor improvement initiatives to enhance/streamline current processes and procedures.
- Implement new patient access systems and processes for the facility.
- Develop, maintain, and improve training programs and materials.
- Facilitate the training of all new admissions specialists
- Create and maintain staff schedules
- Coordinate staff coverage.
- Recruit, interview, and hire Clinicians, Nurses, and Coordinators for the department
- Back-up to Admissions Coordinator: administrative duties as assigned
- Manage shift reports: facilitate effective communication between shifts, provide support as needed to Admissions Supervisors
- Work with Facilities Manager to order supplies and keep inventory of Admissions office products
- Order and keep inventory of Business Development brochures, promotional items, and business cards.
- Schedule and coordinate staff meetings and trainings with other department heads and outside experts/partners
- Payroll: Track and approve staff time sheets
- Model, train, and oversee excellent customer service to patients, referring agencies, families and loved ones, and coworkers
- Oversee the accuracy of information entered into SalesForce, HMS, and other key systems reporting systems
- Event planning as needed for business development events and activities such as trade shows, health fairs, educational workshops, tours, open houses, dinners, lunches, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a concentration in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Two plus years’ experience in healthcare admissions role, with one year previous supervisory experience.
- First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).