|JOB STATUS: ||OPEN|
|POSTING DATE: ||04/17/2017|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||002120|
|POSITION: ||Asst.Superintendent for Busines Services|
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
The Assistant Superintendent for Businesss Services shall assist the Superintendent substantially and effectively in the task of providing leadership in developing, achieving,and maintaining the best possible educational programs and services.
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
Graduate of an accredited college or university.
Master's Degree in Education or Business Management or equivalent experience. Minimum of five(5) years administrative experience. Such alternative to the above qualification as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
The Assistant Superintendent for Business Services shall administer the business affairs and service areas of the District in such a way as to provide the best possible educational services with the financial resources available.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: |
- The Assistant Superintendent for Business Services shall supervise, directly or indirectly, every district employee assigned to the Business Services.
- Develops and maintains a program of appraisal and evaluation of the Businesss Services employee performance within the requirements of the State law and the Governing board, making appropriate reports regarding the program.
- Reports to the Superintendent the case of any district employee assigned to the Business Services whose service is unsatisfactory and recommends action as appropriate and necessary.
- Recommends to the Superintendent the suspesion of any Business Services employee for just cause.
- Recommends to the Superintendent the assignment and promotion of personnel in the Business Services.
- Delegates at his/her discretion to other Business Services personnel the exercise o any power or dischargee of any duties, realizing that the delegation does not relieve the Assistant Superintendent for Business Services of the responsibility for actions taken or performance achieved as a result of such delegation.
- Conducts formal and informal research into the operational procedures, practices, materials, and techniques of the Business Services within the Administrative Services area.
- Submits a Bi-annual Administrative Report to the Superintendent on the Operations of all areas of Business Services.
- Considers the educational implications associated with each purchasing decision, prepares suitable specifications and standards, and utilizes good purchasing principals and procedures. Understands the effect of the educational program on the financial structure of the community and exercises sound judgement in a proper balance between the two..
- Attends professional conferences and meetings in addition to meetings with district staff, parents, other district citizens and community organizations. Reports to Superintendent and staff impressions gained from these meetings and makes
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: |
|START DATE: |
$82,814.00 Health Ins./Dental/Short term Disability/Life Insurance
| ||FROM -   TO - |
|MONTHS / HOURS: |
|GRADE / STEP: |