Murphy Elementary School District #21
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
8Th Grade Teacher- Sullivan
at Murphy Elementary School District #21
|POSITION:||8th Grade Teacher- Sullivan|
8th Grade Teacher (1) Position
1. Graduate of an accredited college or university.
2. Current Arizona Elementary Certificate.
3. Meets NCLB Requirements of being Highly Qualified as it applies to assigned position.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a Program of Study that meets the AZ State Standards and District Curriculum requirements
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
6. Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition, and reading to elementary pupils, utilizing appropriate learning activities.
7. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil.
8. Evaluates each pupil's progress in English skills (listening, speaking,reading, and writing).
9. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
10. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosphy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
11. Assesses the students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
12. Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
13. Takes all necessary and reasonable precuations to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
14. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
15. Assesses progess and preparation of students for the AIMS, (Arizona's Instrument to Measure Standards) District Benchmark Assessment.
16. Assists lthe administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct; and, for the classroom , develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintianing order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
17. Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms(Open House, Parent/Teacher Conferences. etc.)
18. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
19. Cooperates with the administration in planning and /or participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or at the district level.
20. Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
21. Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops,seminars,conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
22. Demonstrates awareness of Governing Board policies and State Statutes related to the job responsibilities.
23. All other duties as assigned.
Salary and work year according to current teacher salary schedule.
Performance on this job will be evaluaed in accordance with provisions of Governing Board policy on evaluation of Certified Personnel.
|FROM -   TO -|
|MONTHS / HOURS:|
|GRADE / STEP:|