Murphy Elementary School District #21
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
8th Grade Teacher- Garcia
at Murphy Elementary School District #21
|POSITION:||8th Grade Teacher- Garcia|
8th Grade Teacher -(1) Position
1. Graduate of an accredited college or university.
2. Current Arizona Elementary, Secondary, and/or Special Education Teacher Certificate.
3. Meets NCLB Requirements of Being Highly Qualified as it applies to assigned position.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a Program of Study taht meets the AZ State State and District Curriculum requirements.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learnig and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepare for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Guides the learning process towrd the achievement of curriculum goals, and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
6. Teaches content and skills in English languae, literature, composition, and reading to elementary pupils, utilizing appropriate learning activities.
7. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the invidual pupil.
8. Evaluates each pupil's progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
9. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
10. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosphy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
11. Assesses the students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
12. Identifies the learning problems of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
13. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
14. Maintains accurate, complte, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
15. Assesses progress and preparation of students or the AIMS district Benchmark Assessment.
16. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct; and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
17. Makes provisions for being available to students and parnts for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms (Open House,Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.).
18. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
19. Cooperates with the administration in planning and/or participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or at the district level.
20. Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of all students in all areas of the school.
21. Continues professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
Salary and work year according to current salary schedule.
|FROM - TO -|
|MONTHS / HOURS:|
|GRADE / STEP:|