Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Consultant V, Assistant Vice President - Phoenix
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Responsible for originating conventional residential real estate loans for the Bank. Participate in related business development activities. Mortgage Consultants maybe designated with the Bank branch and will be required to assist in the origination of conventional real estate loans for the supported branch.
- Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
- Make sales calls to assigned Community Banking branches. Provide service to customers and prospects seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Interview applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data.
- Follow up current loans to ensure conformity with terms. Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with mortgagors.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to mortgages.
- Call on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Cross sell bank products. Answer inquiries regarding loan programs and rates.
- Provide sales and product training to Community Banking branches as needed.
- Develop and implement a marketing territory to educate the community regarding the Bank's CRA programs.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. and must have excellent sales and customer relations.
- 3+ years' experience in the residential real estate business.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspective, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.