Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Systems Analyst - Ariba, VP
at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10022464-WD
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), IT - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the VP of Financial Operations of the Americas Procure to Pay, the Lead Systems Analyst will be responsible for the technical support, administration and managing the upstream and downstream modules of SAP Ariba On-Demand application. Daily responsibilities include providing support to end users, troubleshoot, maintain, configure and enhance existing processes.
This is a top level Ariba Business Systems Analyst position and may provide technical assistance to the Ariba Support Team (Junior and Mid-Level Business Systems Analysts) in projects assigned as needed. Projects assigned are the most complex in scope and cost. Provides overall technical support guidance and definition of an enterprise's architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy. Responsible for independently leading the project team in preparing functional requirements, feasibility studies, program specifications, user test plans, user documentation and user training plans. Functions as an internal consultant for Ariba Applications support and provides internal consulting support to other areas of the bank.
Lead Systems Analyst
Leads the project teams in the preparation of business plans, prepares functional design requirements and conducts feasibility and cost benefit studies exhibiting an expert knowledge of systems analysis techniques and a comprehensive knowledge of the Ariba Application's business and system flow.
30% Interfaces across several business areas.
- Responsible for conception of solutions, building consensus and the selling and execution of such solutions.
20% Prepares formal proposals for business management, outlining alternative and recommended Ariba System solutions.
- Conducts formal requirement walkthroughs and obtains user concurrence.
- Validates and ensures that the complex functional requirements are met.
- Conducts formal implementation reviews.
- Anticipates and circumvents problems where possible.
20% Responsible for the most highly complex projects that require in-depth Ariba knowledge and experience in providing very technically complex development of enhancements to the Application across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Provides formal and informal user training and general user support. Functions as an internal consultant for the Ariba Applications support team.
30% Expert/lead technical role.
- Works on large, complex projects that have enterprise wide impact and require subject matter expertise of multiple process improvement areas and mastery of Ariba process improvements.
- Works as a project team member on multiple projects to facilitate process improvements involving multiple sites or business areas, often as a project leader.
- Provides technical work guidance or mentoring.
- May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
- Coaches and mentors more Junior and Mid-Level Business Systems Analyst staff.
- Technically supporting and enhancing the SAP Ariba Upstream and Downstream modules
- Day to day support & administration activities around SAP Ariba P2P, Sourcing, and Contract modules including: Approval Flow Administration, Interface issue resolution.
- Champion high complexity level project related activities meetings, document test cases, testing, issue resolution
- Design, configure, test, debug and document Ariba process workflows and templates
- Perform configuration tasks in coordination with business process owners
- Assist with guidance and training to users
- Evaluate business needs and convert to technical system design and development documentation for low to medium complexity level projects
- Partner with Technology Group to lead and drive new high complexity level project design and development
- Consultant in planning and implementing high complexity level system and operational changes
- Aligns communications strategy to keep business partners informed of progress/benefits relating to strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify ongoing management and compliance reporting needs
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with prospect/client Subject Matter
Ability to work independently with little to no supervision to deliver projects successfully under fixed time constraints
Thrive on collaborating with the implementation team as well as internal and external customers
High proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
Lead efforts with the Information Technology Group installing of upgrades/maintenance releases/patches as needed
Maintenance of business models and data flow processes
Oversees systems testing and ensures problem resolution
Prepares user test plans, user documentation, and user training plans for upgrades.
Regularly provides guidance and training end users.
May assist Junior Business Systems Analysts with the set-up of user groups, roles, and permissions. May assist Mid-Level Business Systems Analyst with low to medium complexity enhancement projects.
Work Experience Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT experience; 4 years of Ariba business systems support experience and 2 year's experience in project management. Education Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
Education, Licensure, Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of Business analysis experience required
- 4+ years of System Administration required
Knowledge & Skills:
This role requires prior technical work experience in managing and providing highly complex Ariba System project management and performing system enhancements. Experience in documenting detailed business requirements supporting the Ariba System Projects. A key competency for this position is strong experience in configuring/enhancing the Ariba Application in both upstream and downstream modules. Strong experience creating MS PowerPoint documents and documentation skills. The Lead Analyst must be able to use data to create meaningful requirements and persuasive proposals. Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary for this position, as it will interface with all levels of the business including Executive Management. Critical thinking and problem solving are key skills for this role.
- Must possess ability to make appropriate business judgments and decisions independently. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of an organization within a fast paced environment and successfully balance multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Must have prior experience in BOTH the technical implementation as well as the ongoing daily technical support in leading complex enhancement projects in the Ariba Application. The candidates MUST possess direct hands on knowledge and experience with managing in part or in whole the Ariba suite, including Ariba Source to Pay, Sourcing, Contracts, Contract Compliance, BPO, Catalogs, Workflow, Templates, User & Group Management.
Note: This is a Senior Lead Technical Support Role. This is NOT a User of the Ariba Tool or a Sourcing Manager Role. This role will support the Ariba Tool in its entirety for the Bank from a complex technical perspective. This is NOT an Ariba System User permissions business system analyst role.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!