Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Financial Crimes: Systems Risk Assessment Associate / AVP
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10023291-WD
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
*MUFG has recently moved its Global Financial Crimes Division from Tokyo to New York City and Phoenix. It is an exciting time to join our company and advance your career within the Global Financial Crimes Division!*
This role will be a part of second line of defense in the Global Financial Crimes Division of MUFG Bank Ltd, which is comprised of the risk oversight group overseeing the first line of defense. The second line of defense is the enterprise's compliance and risk functions, which provide independent oversight of the risk management activities of the first line of defense. The responsibilities of the second line function typically include participating in the business unit's risk committees, reviewing risk reports, and validating compliance to the risk management framework requirements. The objectives include ensuring that risks are actively and appropriately managed. This role will be required to assist in mapping risks to accountabilities for management assurance of Financial Crimes Compliance systems and tools for MUFG locations globally. This will include verification of data sources, analysis and validation of data lineage, integrity across global systems, verification of system controls over data quality, and other validation activities as needed.
- Assist in establishing policy and process for risk management
- Assist in identifying enterprise trends, synergies, and opportunities for change
- Provide oversight over certain risk areas and in terms of certain enterprise objectives (e.g. compliance with regulation)
- Document process flow(s), fully understand the compliance component of the systems, and analyze data input(s) and output(s) for quality, accuracy, and completeness
- Analyze data in the financial payment message systems to verify end to end data integrity between input systems and settlement systems
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of transaction data from primary source systems to AML/KYC and Sanctions Screening Systems such as HotScan, Fircosoft, Actimize, or other systems
- Assist in the identification of controls and compliance issues related to financial crimes compliance systems, assess and document the related risk, and make reasonable recommendations for resolution
- Assist in development and execution of the Global Financial Crime Systems annual testing plan
- Prepare written reports which summarize the Objectives, Scope, Findings, and Conclusions for each assigned review
- Assist in other projects or related duties as required
- A Bachelor's degree required; majors in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Management Technology, Statistics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services; preferably in AML, Sanctions, Wire Payments, and/or Correspondent Banking
- Good overall understanding of system architecture and functionalities of Financial Crime Systems
- Knowledge of various financial payments systems such as SWIFT, FEDWIRE, and/or CHIPS preferred
- Ability to perform data analysis and develop detailed documentation around payment data flows involving settlement systems, screening, and monitoring systems
- Experience working with one or more fraud technology platforms in the financial services compliance or financial crime domains (e.g. Actimize, Mantas, SAS Fraud Management)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills
- Experience in coordinating systems testing and/or working in an auditing environment, including test case development and review
- Skilled in SQL to write/run queries to pull data, analyze data sets, manipulate data, and join multiple data extracts or multiple columns from different tables
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, and/or Qlikview
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!