Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Modern Industries
- Manages outside processing suppliers in support of manufacturing operations
- Interprets demand signals (MRP, Requisitions) and makes financially sound purchasing decisions.
- Understands inventory control principles and processes and the impact of inventory to the financial health of the business.
- Coordinates with other functions (including Quality, Engineering, Finance, Operations etc.) to ensure timely fulfillment of material and service requirements in support of the business.
- Works actively to identify, engage, and manage relationships with suppliers capable of meeting the business requirements relative to Cost, Delivery, Service, and Quality.
- Maintains records and systems consistent with professional approach to purchasing activities
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiar with standard concepts and commonly used purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Has basic knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures.
- Has basic knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent, may require a Bachelor degree.
- 2-5 years purchasing related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Degrees can supplant experience requirement.