Recovery Innovations Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Milieu Specialist (Pool) - Recovery Response Center Peoria, AZ
at Recovery Innovations Inc.
Essential Job Functions
- Admissions – Partners to complete guest registration to the Center including:
- Provides a welcoming environment for all guests
- Collects, inventories and secures guest personal items in detail.
- Introduction to staff and a tour of the facility
- Review guest rights and grievances process, program schedule and community agreements.
- Discharges and transfers.
- Collects personal belongings and reviews personal property inventory log
- Complete discharge documentation
- Partners with staff to ensure a timely and efficient discharge
- Provide Support Services through regular and as needed engagement
- Conducts on-going observation of guests for the purpose of reporting any significant changes
- Conducts regular Safety checks, removing any hazardous objects and recording findings as designated
- Assists in developing natural supports and community living by partnering with each participant to strengthen valued roles (friend, spouse, employee, student, etc.) so a greater sense of identity is established.
- Contacts and involves participant’s support system
- Works with the person and others to arrange continuing services as needed.
- Cultivates connections in the person’s life (self, others, the environment and to meaning and purpose).
- Provides peer support to engage participants in a recovery partnership based on the principles of mutuality and “being with, not fixing.”
- Models hope, personal responsibility, and self-advocacy by sharing his or her personal recovery story, how recovery goals can be respectfully met and how a belief in self is maintained
- Assists participants in identifying their hopes and dreams and the solutions they are seeking by using the Recovery Coaching process to develop and record an individualized Recovery and Wellness plan.
- Teaches recovery and life skills using recovery tools (e.g. WRAP, WELL, etc.) individually and/or in a class setting.
- Assures guests have necessary items for personal hygiene and comfort.
- Responds to critical situations that may require restrictive interventions as directed by Nursing personnel and/or Shift Supervisor.
- Assists with food preparation, serving and clean up
- In partnership with team, provides for any special needs of guests.
- Conducts various daily tasks to ensure cleanliness of the unit
- Assisting guest with shower and clean up using proper infection control procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years’ experience in the Behavioral Health field, crisis environment preferred
- Security or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Ability to work on both units within the facility.
- Valid CPR Certification and First Aid Certification, upon hire and maintain.
- Valid Food Service Certification, upon hire and maintain.
- Therapeutic Options (TO) physical safety intervention training, upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Safe Clinch physical safety intervention training, upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Pre-placement physical clearance.
- TB clearance upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products; ability to type 30-40 w.p.m
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must possess a valid Arizona State Driver’s license and be at least 23 years of age if driving a company vehicle, and 21 years of age if driving a personal vehicle on agency business.
- Must meet all of the requirements of the Driver’s Safety Policy.
Education & Experience
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
Works in a behavioral health in-patient/out-patient facility. May have contact with people who are agitated and confused mitigated by de-escalation training. May be required to work various shifts. Work may include travel throughout the geographic region.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Continuous standing; walking; handling; finger dexterity, eye hand-foot coordination; use of corrected vision; depth perception; wide field of vision; color vision; use of auditory, olfactory and tactile senses. Frequent bending over; stooping, kneeling; crouching; pushing; pulling; sitting; reaching; climbing/balancing on a step stool to reach supplies/equipment in cabinets; climbing stairs; carrying up to 150 pounds. Occasional crawling; running; pushing up to 250 pounds; pulling up to 250 pounds; lifting up to 150 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, a Generous PTO (paid time off) Program, to include RI supporting the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.