Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Programmer / Machinist
at Materion Corporation
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Business Unit
- Relocation Provided
- Hidden (21281)
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Facilitate all technical complex machining functions. Perform machining tasks to tight tolerance, minimize scrap and rework, perform PMs on regular basis, lead machine safety and workplace compliance requirements, demonstrate professional conduct at all times, maintain an inventory of tooling and fixtures, work effectively with vendors in ordering and acquiring tooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all PPE and job- or area-specific workplace safety requirements
- Participate in scheduled Workplace cleaning activities
- Properly use lockout/tagout procedures
- Utilize Safety Data Sheets (SDS); follow basic emergency response procedures
- Audit operator tasks and assure compliance with standards or procedures
- Audit setup methods and practices for compliance to established standards
- Take responsibility for Cost of Quality objectives in the work cell
- Work effectively with QC/QA personnel to improve output capability and quality
- Evaluate equipment needs in the work cell, help to ensure suitable replacement parts are available
- Identify and actively participate in continuous improvements of safety, quality, and production
- Maintain or exceed standard production rates
- Maintain programming log for CNC equipment
- Make process suggestions for programming new and existing product
- Perform all required tasks at a high level of performance
- Program and setup Complex and Green Machining equipment (Mastercam experience preferred)
- Responsible for the programming and troubleshooting of all CNC equipment
- Train other employees on proper equipment operation and/or setup
- Follows procedures to correctly approve, reject, and disposition product in the work cell
- Able to meet physical demands and tolerate environmental conditions with or without accommodation
Communicates effectively and ensures there is a clear information exchange when sharing or gathering information
- Demonstrates leadership, direct and assist others as needed and set a positive example
- Organized, accurate, and detailed work ethic
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree or training certificate in related field or at least 10 years of competent service in a similar role with extensive on the job experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing product quality concepts and ISO principles
- Advanced computer skills, proficient with Microsoft software and other specialized programs
- CAD and Conventional programming, complex grinding, Mastercam preferred
- Read blueprints or work from customer drawings, use shop math, trigonometry, or geometry
- Must be comfortable wearing all forms of personal protective equipment devices such as respirators and protective gloves, work shoes, and eyewear as required
- Other duties as assigned