Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Work Crew Leader
at Maricopa County
- Position Overview
The Work Crew Leader performs administrative work supervising probationer work crews, providing direction and assistance to crew, overseeing safety and completion of project so that the probationers can complete their mandated Community Restitution hours in accordance with the Community Restoration Activity of the Community Justice Program.
This position requires the ability to work Saturdays and Sundays: 5:30 am to 11:30 am (April to October) and 6:30 am to 12:30 pm (November to March).
Positions available at various locations.
To see additional information on this position, please Click Here!
- Position Qualifications
- Minimum education and/or experience:
High School Diploma or GED and one (1) year of experience performing specialized clerical duties. Post-secondary education may substitute in lieu of experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:Knowledge of:
- Maintenance, repair and operation of equipment, including vehicles
- Verbally communicating with others to convey information effectively
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Motivating, developing and directing people as they work
- Monitoring the performance of self, or other individuals and to make improvements or take corrective action as appropriate
- Work harmoniously with others, to participate when appropriate and work with others to achieve desired results
- Communicate well and provide work direction to others in a supervisory capacity.
- Guide, plan, schedule and monitor work activities
- Anticipate and diffuse problems before they occur
- Set a positive tone
- Operate computer equipment to complete required paperwork.
- Perform basic CPR and First Aid with provided training.
Preferred education and/or experience:
AA degree or 64 hours of academically accredited college and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Preferred special requirements:
CPR and First Aid certified.
Special working conditions:
Often working outdoors and above 90 degrees, constantly standing, and frequently lifting and moving landscape equipment. Working knowledge of gas powered weed eaters and other landscape tools.
- Essential Job Tasks
- Supervising 20-30 adult probationers performing outside (in various seasonal weather conditions) court ordered community service at weekend projects.
- Coordinate, dispatch and directly supervise work crews. Interacts with agency staff, community members and city staff during various projects.
- Completes required reports on each project and/or incident or accident.
- Communicates regularly with Supervisor on issues that arise.
- Requires Weekend availability 100% of the time.
- Maintains attendance standards.
- Communicates location with Department issued radio.
- Attends trainings as needed.
- May require some availability Monday-Friday or after project completion on weekends to complete data entry tasks.
- Selection Procedure
- The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All Judicial Branch offers of employment and continued employment are contingent upon passing a thorough background/fingerprint check. Applicants must completely and fully answer any questions regarding felony and misdemeanor convictions including any convictions that have been expunged or set aside. Failure to include criminal history information is grounds for termination of an offer and employment. A conviction may not automatically disqualify an applicant.
Judicial Branch facilities are located throughout Maricopa County. This position may be reassigned to other locations. Assignments will be made based upon the needs of the department.