Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Analyst
at Maricopa County
- Position Overview
The Quality Assurance Analyst supports the Information Technology Group in the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court using quality assurance (QA) processes, procedures, and standards to ensure high-quality software products.
- Position Qualifications
Minimum education and/or experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or closely related field and two (2) years of software QA experience. Job related experience may substitute for the education requirements on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Quality Assurance best practices.
- The administration of computers and software.
- Computer and software programming.
- Using analytical software tools, data analysis methods, and other computer applications.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving system error root causes
- Analyzing, organizing, and reporting on technical data.
- Communicating verbally and in writing accurate information and facts using the proper levels of details to ensure understanding by others.
- Engaging others in constructive two-way conversations, to demonstrate professionalism, patience, tact, courtesy, and tolerance.
- Prioritizing work and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Listening effectively, which includes assessing others' understanding of the communications and modifying one's communication style to fit the audience or situation.
- Use web configuration management, component or object oriented development, and program testing software.
- Recognize, understand implications, and devise creative ways to solve a problem.
- Apply critical thinking and analyze problems to identify solutions.
- Be flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Handle stressful situations and manage multiple tasks.
- Perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Organize and manage time for successful project completion.
- Work closely with team members and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Understand the needs, requirements, and constraints of customers.
- Involve customers and identify ways to improve their customer service experience.
Preferred education and/or experience:
Experience with Transact SQL, Visual Studio Team System Test Edition, Team Foundation Server, and/or other automated testing tools.
Preferred training, certifications and/or other special requirements:
Current certification as Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP), Certified Software Test Professional-Associate Level (CSTPA), Certified Software Quality Manager(CSQM), Certified Test Manager (CTM) from the International Institute for Software Testing, or other similar certification.
Mostly office setting in high volume, fast paced environment. Requires long periods of sitting while completing computer activities. May require ability to carry, push, pull, or lift boxes, floor to waist, up to 25 pounds a distance of 100 feet. Ability to walk .50 miles.
- Essential Job Tasks
- Assists in the development of quality assurance procedures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the development lifecycle.
- Prepares, develops, maintains, and executes quality test plans, test cases, and test scripts to ensure software meets or exceeds specified standards and end user requirements.
- Prepares, develops, maintains, and executes functional regression user acceptance (UAT) and performance testing.
- Plans, designs, implements, executes, evaluates, and reports deficiencies of software testing under minimal supervision for projects of all scopes.
- Participates in requirements/design reviews, project team meetings and implementation planning on multiple concurrent projects.
- Delivers assignments within specified timeframes, adhering to all established methodologies, standards, and guidelines individually or as a member of a project team.
- Assists Project Managers in project timeline definition related to testing requirements including test phases, level of effort and duration of testing activities.
- Performs quality audits across various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures, and methodologies are being followed.
- Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.