Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker - Job #21-199
at Marana Unified School District
Job Reference #: 2853
Openings as of 10/1/2020
- Social Worker - Job #21-199 JobID: 2853
- Position Type:
Professional/Exempt Non-Teaching/Social Worker
- Date Posted:
Mountain View High School
- Develops programs and/or resources within the community and in conjunction with school staff to assist students with social issues
- Works collaboratively with all levels of staff to reach selected goals
- Designs and assists in the implementation of curricula to curtail social barriers
- Acts as a liaison between school, district, family and community agencies
- Makes home visits or contact with families to verify needs and provide support as needed
- Confidentially collects and reports data regarding students needs
- Maintains appropriate documentation and records and submits reports as requested
- Provides parent and community trainings
- Participates in school and district committees
- Coordinates resources and services with businesses, agencies, and other groups
- Involves families and community members in student programs as necessary
- Contributes appropriate information via web site or newsletters
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- 3 years experience in social work field
- Experience working with at-risk youth and families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to flex hours as needed
- Must be able to provide own transportation
- 5 years school social work experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with substance abuse related programs
- Experience with programs specializing in domestic violence or bullying
- Administering budgets and grant funding and monitoring expenditures
- Valid Arizona Social Worker License
POSITION SUMMARYPromotes and enhances the overall academic success by providing services that strengthen home/school/community partnerships and alleviate barriers to learning. Significantly contributes to the development of a healthy, safe, and caring environment by advancing the understanding of the emotional and social development of youth and the influences of family, community, and cultural differences on student successes and by implementing effective intervention strategies.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field; OR any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for competent job performance.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Valid Arizona Social Worker License
Valid Arizona Driver’s License
Salary: (Pro-rated based on start date)
$34,659.00 - 39,502.00 "ASRS Retirees will have a lower salary due to the Alternate Contribution Rate"
***9 Month Exempt Position - 8 hours per day (while funding continues)
Contact Infomation: Cynthia Ruich, Director of Student Services (520) 616-3013
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!