Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
5th Grade Teacher - Job #19-223
at Marana Unified School District
Openings as of 11/19/2018
Elementary School Teaching
- 5th Grade Teacher - Job #19-223 JobID: 1251
- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching/Intermediate - Grades 4, 5, 6
- Date Posted:
Twin Peaks Elementary
- Prepare thorough and complete lesson plans and instruct students in accordance with established curriculum and student need.
- Assess student needs and performance. Develop, implement and evaluate daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials. Modify instruction to meet the needs of each child.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and documenting student progress.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate integrated curriculum design which emphasizes building meaningful content connections for the students.
- Establish a positive learning environment, prepare, deliver and respond with differentiated instruction to meet the needs of students.
- Plan, organize and display classroom materials appropriate to curricular activities.
- Uses and implements classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.
- Plans instruction and implement instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Uses data to inform program effectiveness and student success.
- Use technology to enhance learning.
- Evaluate students’ performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities. Make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Promote positive relations with parents through ongoing communication and conferences.
- Informs/Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student activities, progress, attendance, areas for improvement and methods for reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Ensure parents and students are informed of methods of evaluation used in the classroom.
- Inform parents of student progress and school activities. Advise parents of instructional methods that may assist student.
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to develop and promote learning activities for students that is built on an integrated continuum curriculum, consistent with district and school education objectives.
- Collaborate with specialists as needed to assist students.
- Direct student workers, teacher assistant and classroom volunteers to maximize their efficiency and meet work requirements.
- Participate in a variety of meetings including professional learning communities to discuss, share, evaluate results, problems, success stories and to plan ways to solve student issues or increase student achievement.
- Report incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) in order to maintain personal safety of students, provide a positive learning environment and adhere to Education Code, District and/or school policies.
- Collaborate with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit, school and district.
- Knowledge of using email, managing files, recording and reporting grades electronically, and using Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques
- Ability to analyze and evaluate student progress and course curriculum
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate plans
- Ability to manage the classroom
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform functions from written and oral instructions and from observing and listening to others
- Ability to evaluate written materials to include written assignments and tests
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate 21st century technology
- Skill in promoting learning and ensures safety
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate
- Certain endorsement(s) and/or approved content areas may be required for certain positions
- Must meet North Central Association (NCA) requirements in respective subject, such as Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language
POSITION SUMMARYThe Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Marana Unified School District policies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
$36,818.87 - 46,036.87 (Pro-rated based on start date) “ASRS Retirees will have a lower salary due to the Alternate Contribution Rate”
**9 Month Contracted Position - Year End Position (7.5 hours per day) January - May
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!