Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
20-426 Attendance Clerk
at Marana Unified School District
Job Reference #: 1673
Openings as of 6/26/2019
- 20-426 Attendance Clerk JobID: 1673
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Twin Peaks K-8
- Date Available:
7/22/19 POSITION SUMMARY
- Reviews attendance records to identify students with excessive absenteeism and tardiness.
- Investigates student absences, tardiness and attendance problems and arranges conferences with appropriate students and parents to discuss their attendance.
- Confers with, and advises parents and students of school and district attendance policies.
- Confers with parents and respective students regarding specific attendance issues.
- Sends required letters to parents for excessive absences.
- Reviews and verifies submitted student absence notes/documentation. Determines validity and if absence is excused or otherwise. Issues admit slip for class when appropriate.
- Receives absence calls from parents. Displays courtesy and professionalism when dealing with parents, students and the public.
- Complies all required attendance reports. Reviews and maintains all required documentation.
- Makes recommendations to school principal for class placement and/or withdrawal of student from school per district policies. Ensures all related documentation is prepared.
- Compiles kindergarten student information for bus routes.
- Serves as attendance resource for Child Study Team (CST).
- Collects data and reports truancy to Pima County Attorney.
- Coordinates the collection of student data for Special Education, foster/group home students, and Gifted (GEM) students.
- Composes correspondence, reports and other attendance related documentation.
- Coordinates the maintenance, storage, and destruction of student files.
- Responds to requests for student records from other schools. Maintains a log of all records requested and received.
- Requests and evaluates records from previously attended schools.
- Maintains a professional and courteous reception area. Answers phones, directs visitors, schedules appointments and conferences.
- May serve as a back up for Health Aide and/or Secretary when necessary.
- Performs required duties for front office clerk: typing, answers phone, photocopy, syllabi, updates credit checks for student files, updates staff duty roster.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated general proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students and parents.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience working with youth in an educational setting, with office and/or attendance experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
Monitors the attendance of students at assigned school, maintains attendance files and facilitates the efficient operation of the attendance or front office at assigned school.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, stoop and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
Indoor office environment. This position regularly works indoors. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet to moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with students, staff, parents and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$12.08/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
10 Month position - 4 hours/day
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!