Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19-602 HVAC Technician
at Marana Unified School District
Openings as of 5/24/2019
- 19-602 HVAC Technician JobID: 1296
- Position Type:
Facilities Maintenance/HVAC Technician
- Date Posted:
Facilities Management POSITION SUMMARY
- Installs refrigeration, cooling and heating units and related distribution/ventilation and temperature control systems.
- Troubleshoots direct and indirect expansion refrigeration systems, electrical, pneumatic control and computer based automated energy management control systems, air handlers, boilers and forced air furnaces.
- Rebuilds refrigeration, cooling and heating systems and related auxiliary equipment or components such as motors, blowers, fans, pumps, etc.
- Provides hands on technical and professional guidance to building maintenance workers possessing the aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, installs, or repairs packaged refrigerated kitchen equipment and water fountains.
- Calibrates programmable logic controllers and pneumatic control devices.
- Troubleshoots and adjusts seasonal computerized timing systems.
- Performs seasonal change over from heating to cooling, or cooling to heating.
- Performs preventive maintenance on boilers and refrigeration units.
- Maintains EPA refrigerant logs.
- Determines methods of repair and materials needed within established expenditure limits.
- Initiates purchase requisitions as needed or directed.
- Properly recovers refrigerant and disposes of hazardous and refrigerant waste materials.
- Performs electrical and plumbing tasks in conjunction with repairing and installing units.
- Investigates and repairs small leaks in natural gas lines.
- Keeps informed on technical developments in the field. Performs safety inspections on vehicles and adds fuel and fluids as needed.
- Operates hand and power tools as needed in the performance of duties.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of all electric codes, methods, standard practices and other related safety regulations, such as OSHA.
- Knowledge of all types of HVAC equipment and their operation.
- Ability to read and understand diagrams, schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to be trained and to use energy management control system software and related district software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to braze various malleable and non malleable metals using compressed gas and/or oxygen/acetylene gas.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to handle emergencies, confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community agency members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- National certification for handling and recovering refrigerant. (minimum requirement: Universal classification)
- 5 years experience in the maintenance and operation of HVAC systems
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
Under general supervision of the Facilities Manager, installs, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs refrigeration and air conditioning units, evaporative coolers, gas fired boilers, forced air furnace units and associated distribution and control systems. Coordinates activities of other trade shops, building maintenance workers and subcontractors.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to bend, stoop, climb, kneel, sit and walk or work in confined space. The employee may be required to lift or move up to 125 pounds.
This position works indoors, and outdoors in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold, with exposure to high voltage current, noxious chemicals, high-pressure systems, moving parts and asbestos. May work in small, cramped areas. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with students, staff, parents and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$19.91/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
12 Month position - 8 hours/day
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!