Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Make-A-Wish Foundation
Position Summary: This role is for the IT expert specializing in integrating and aggregating enterprise data at Make-A-Wish. The responsibilities for this position span all phases of ETL development: gathering requirements, data modeling, data warehouse setup & configuration, ETL development and migration, and production support. This resource will coordinate with foundation staff and/or third-party resources on the above activities to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Self-Development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experienced with EAI/SOA
- Adept at data modeling and database configuration
- Proficient with ETL programming methodologies and tools including debuggers, flow analyzers, and configuration tools
- Understands how to consume web services (via SOAP or REST)
- Knowledgeable about building and working with APIs
- Skilled in data analysis, software error handling, and testing
- Demonstrates successful problem-solving abilities
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with internal and external implementation teams to ensure successful data integration
- Works closely with Make-A-Wish stakeholders to gather data needs and set priorities for ETL projects
- Gathers data-related change management requests to be evaluated and prioritized for implementation
- Uses SQL Management Studio, Excel, and Visio to understand existing data models and design and implement future database solutions
- Creates ETL workflows via tools like ImportOmatic, MuleSoft Anypoint, SSIS, KNIME, etc.
- Utilizes APIs and web services as necessary for integration
- Tests and debugs ETL-related workflows
- Configures and maintains data migration batch jobs
- Tracks and commits system changes via version control software
- Documents data models and ETL solutions for future reference
- Performs other job-related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience with SQL for data management required
- 3+ years relevant experience with ETL-related tools required (preferred platforms below)
- Mulesoft Anypoint
- Salesforce Data Loader
- Experience with CRM databases required (preferred platforms below)
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/Financial Edge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Work in an office or virtual office environment.
- May require work outside a traditional Monday – Friday work week, and outside normal business hours.
- May require some domestic travel.