Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Engineer - AZ, TN or MD Location
at Local Motors, Inc.
To accelerate innovation by democratizing and decentralizing the way ideas are shared and products are manufactured. We invite the world to help us create vehicles that inspire, empower and nurture humanity.
Drive community engagement above all else. Ensure open dialogue and transparency with community members in order to facilitate innovation and empower the individual maker.
Engage and empower global communities of designers, engineers, fabricators and automotive enthusiasts to solve local problems, locally, through distributed making.
Foster open collaboration in order to drive faster, more cost-effective, more thorough product development to drive improved safety and quality.
Make transportation more sustainable globally by empowering maker profitability, defending and advancing the environment, and improving safety and well-being.
Strive to succeed in the face of failure; meet deadlines regardless of obstacles; exceed expectations in the design, development and distribution of critical tools, services and finished products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer technical support - call center
- Field technical support - service visits or phone support
- Pre-sales support (certified route scoping)
- Assist sales with technical presentations - application planning
- Warranty support
- Operator (steward) training
- Olli service training
- Maintenance manuals
- Autonomous system technician
- Local project management / field co-development projects
- Scoping and site survey of vehicle deployments
- Ability to write effective summary and recommendations of site survey
- Work with support vendors for installation
- Electrical troubleshooting of vehicles
- Familiarity with can bus systems
- Low Voltage diagnosis
- High Voltage diagnosis
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Communication ie Cellular/Wifi/DSRC troubleshooting.
- Document all issues with vehicles
- Communicate with multiple team members to solve issues.
- Provide customer support and education to clients
- EV certifications are preferred
- Ability to meet customer demands in a timely manner