Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Software Engineer II
at Live Nation
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
Ticketmaster is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can thrive in our fast-paced environment. We are seeking candidates to join our CTS Core Data Engineering team who are proactive, self-starters, and have a proven track record of working collaboratively across an organization. This team represents the future in many top strategies and is key to the successful execution of organizational initiatives. Our mission is to modernize and develop Tier 1 systems using cutting-edge technologies and architectural design patterns which contribute to our fans ticket buying and event experience.
We are building world-class products to help our clients serve their customers better. To do so, we need software engineers who are excited about building business critical applications while creatively pushing the envelope. In addition to application development, the candidate will create documentation, participate in design sessions, work closely with product & other non-technical staff, influence change and promote technical excellence.
Above all else, candidates must have the proven ability to be problem-solvers. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
- 5+ years professional hands on software development experience, with 3+ years specifically utilizing Java and 2+ years of high-volume applications/systems experience
- 2+ years experience with stream processing in Kafka
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ability to bridge the gap between disparate systems and technologies
- Must possess an experienced understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and asynchronous message-based concepts
- Experience knowledge of Design Patterns and comfort with the latest architectural paradigms
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, and similar frameworks
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Strong agreement with high stability, quality, and continuous delivery
- Understanding and some hands-on experience with XML, JSON and/or Web-services
- Familiarity with open-source libraries/frameworks, e.g. Apache, Jakarta, etc.
- Strong experience working in a team and as an individual
- Experience leading/mentoring other software engineers; leading design reviews and architecture discussions.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral), with experience producing technical and design documentation of complex processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot, performance tune and understand java memory utilization in code produced.
- Hands-on Experience with e-commerce and/or ticketing systems is a plus
- Understanding of distributed cache/store systems such as Memcached, EhCache, Redis, HBase, or Cassandra is valued
- Scripting skills, e.g. Perl, shell, etc. is a plus
- Experience with an open source development environment using tools such as Maven, Git, Eclipse, JIRA, Gradle is a plus
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.