Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree. Arizona Teacher Certification. Prefer three years K-8 classroom teaching experience. Skills in analysis of achievement data. Prefer specific area expertise, such as technology integration, English language acquisition, literacy, mathematics, etc.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Director of Curriculum and Instruction
JOB GOAL: To increase academic achievement by providing support and coaching for teachers.
- Reinforces the consistent use of proven, research-based strategies for effective classroom management, lesson planning, flexible grouping, active student engagement, and instructional delivery.
- Supports teachers through practices such as modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing feedback.
- Manipulates, analyzes, interprets, and communicates achievement data.
- Provides and facilitates professional development for staff.
- Coordinates the distribution and inventory of textbooks and other instructional resources.
- Coordinates the administration of district and state assessments.
- Attends meetings and trainings related to the position.
- Engages with grade level or subject area colleagues in giving and receiving feedback on instruction, examining student work, analyzing evidence of instructional effectiveness, and sharing responsibility for student learning.
- Seeks opportunities to share practices and learning with colleagues and to learn from them.
- Maintains relationships with colleagues that are characterized by mutual support, respect, and cooperation.
- Seeks opportunities and accepts leadership roles within the school.
- Supports the school’s shared vision and common goals.
- Contributes to improvement efforts within the school.
- Seeks out and participates in ongoing professional learning opportunities within and outside the school that generally address identified needs.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and District software, preferred accounting used software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, full time, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy.
Job Contact Information
Monday, February 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)