Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Prefer high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Guards street crossings during hours when children are going to or coming from school by performing the following duties.
- Directs actions of children and traffic at street intersections to ensure safe crossing.
- Records license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals and reports infractions to police.
- Escorts children across street.
- Places caution signs at designated points before going on duty and removes signs at end of shift.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others. Pass a literacy test identified by the district.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and district software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 10, 2017 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)