Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Arizona Guidance Counselor Certification. Board Certified Behavioral Analyst training preferred. Master’s Degree with a major in guidance and counseling or social work. Three years teaching experience at the elementary level preferred. Licensed Professional Counselor is preferred.
Principal/Director of Student Services
Provides individual and group counseling services to support students’ educational programs.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews, and professional resources.
- Assesses academic, personal/social, and career strengths and weaknesses for educational planning.
- Refers students for additional non-districted provided services.
- Assists individuals to understand and overcome social, emotional, and behavioral issues.
- Reviews recent research to improve counseling techniques.
- Provides educational programs with students, teachers and parents.
- Develops Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans in conjunction with relevant school staff, parents, and student.
- Identifies, assesses, and responds appropriately to students in crisis.
- Determines appropriate program(s) of study to meet specific needs of all students.
- Provides instruction based on established objectives and individual student needs.
- Motivates students to maximize their learning potential and ensure that all students have successful experiences.
- Maintains confidential counseling records and documentation separate from other school records.
- Attends staff and in-service meetings, workshops, and school functions.
- Provides social, emotional, and behavioral health support to students and personnel as part of the district Crisis Response Team.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: recordkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and District software, preferred accounting used software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, full time, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Exempt
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)