Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Service Specialist Mechanic I
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: K
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Incumbents will maintain the district vehicles in safe and operative condition.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class may typically require):
Vocational training in a specialized trade or experience directly related to the area of assignment. The ability to perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Commercial Driver’s License should be obtained within 6 months of hiring date;
Some positions may require:
· ASE Certifications;
· Licensure in a trade.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Knowledge and work experience in automotive, diesel servicing;
· Ability to learn the use of automotive testing equipment and technical manuals;
· Procedures, practices, and methods related to area of assignment;
· Tools, equipment, and materials relevant to area of assignment;
· Safety procedures;
· Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and standards;
· Recordkeeping principles;
· Mathematical principles;
· Safe work practices.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Basic proficiency in office-based computerized programs (Word, Excel and Outlook, fleet management software);
· Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment;
· Troubleshooting systems related to area of assignment;
· Preparing and maintaining a variety of maintenance records;
· Maintaining and procuring inventory and supplies;
· Performing mathematical calculations, including algebra and geometry;
· Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, and standards;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)