Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High School Intern - Communications
at Scottsdale Unified School District
SCOTTSDALE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
HIGH SCHOOL COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
PAY GRADE: $10.50/hour
Schedules, records and edits photos and videos as needed for the purposes of promotion, celebration and documentation. Serves as primary photographer and videographer for District Communications Department. Student to receive course credit in addition to compensation
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Record video of programs and events for use on website, in marketing materials or for public record.
2. Operate complex video, audio and editing equipment, including but not limited to: cameras, lenses, lighting, tripods, mobile devices and other recording equipment
3. Produce and edit videos under the supervision and direction of the Public Information & Marketing Officer
4. Work with school leadership to ensure all students recorded or photographed have the appropriate video/photo permissions
5. Help identify District and school stories that would be enhance through the use of videography, using sound journalistic judgment
6. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Current enrollment in a high school media course, for credit
· Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License (Will be required to use personal vehicle for transport to various photo/video shoots)
May be required to carry equipment in excess of 25 pounds. Bending, stooping, squatting and climbing may be required.
Knowledge/Skills (position requirements at entry):
· Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the principles and practices of video production
· In-depth knowledge of equipment and software needed for video production
· Knows how to operate complex cameras and video equipment
· Experience with a variety of software for video editing and production (including, but not limited to: In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Premiere, Final Cut, After-Effects)
· Comfortable with a variety of equipment for photography and videography and can transition easily from heavy video cameras to handheld devices like smart phones, as needed.
· Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with District and school staff on projects
· Must be comfortable working on a deadline
Job Contact Information
|Title||Public Information & Marketing Officer|
Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)