Best Western International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Reporting Analyst
at Best Western International, Inc.
Motivated. Analytical. Detail Oriented. Strategic.
If these qualities describe you and you’re a data analysis professional, bring your extensive data reporting background, and find an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and challenging environment as a Senior Reporting Analyst at Best Western Hotels & Resorts.
Bring your integrity, proactive sense of curiosity and strong analytics to this vital position. Your self-motivated, detail-oriented capabilities and hunger for data accuracy will aid you in building your career. Your relevant experience and critical thinking skills, preferably acquired in the hospitality and/or travel industry, will help you hit the ground running.
If you have an insatiable desire to work with data and use numbers that create actionable reporting, then come drive our continued success and apply today.
As a Senior Reporting Analyst working from our Phoenix operations office, your charge will be supporting operational goals by developing, monitoring and maintaining reporting solutions to ensure the smooth and productive daily operation of various departments. You will also be expected to perform analysis to support business decisions and strategically identify opportunities to drive the success of our organization. As a member of the Accounting and Finance team, the key duties and responsibilities for the role, as well as the expected qualifications are the following.
- Ensures productivity and operational goals are in adherence to set standards by tracking, analyzing, reporting on, and providing recommendations
- Designs, creates and maintains reporting solutions by working closely with internal customers and systems to gather and analyze user requirements. Has basic understanding of data elements and data modeling
- Provides technical support by developing and maintaining user level databases for ad-hoc projects, preparing queries and reports
- Design, develops, tests, documents, and maintains daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to meet business needs. Evaluates findings using knowledge of workflow and operating practices
- Recommends establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Maintains high level of data integrity by performing periodic auditing and testing of projects results. Tracks status of reports including content, adjustments and delivery dates
- Exceptional time management, organizational, problem-solving decision-making and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or related field or and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing, creating and maintaining databases, spreadsheets
- Minimum 2 years report writing experience
- Proficient in SQL, Avaya, MS Excel (pivot tables and formula knowledge a must) and MS Access
- Knowledge of Cognos, Oracle, and Tableau
- Call Center reporting experience preferred
- Knowledge of basis relational databases and querying constructs such as joins and unions
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to present ideas and goals
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment
Join us at Best Western Hotels and Resorts in an exciting role that will challenge your professional expertise while allowing you to have a direct impact on our bottom line!
Best Western® Hotels & Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, AZ., is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100* hotels in more than 100* countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers seven hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Executive Residency by Best Western?, Vib ®, BW Premier Collection® and GLo?. Now celebrating 70+ years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and online and mobile booking capabilities. More than 26 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. The brand’s partnerships with AAA/CAA, Minor League Baseball, and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including Business Travel News naming Best Western as the best midscale hotel brand in 2014 and Best Western Plus as the best upper mid-price hotel brand in 2014 and 2015, four consecutive Compuware Best of the Web gold awards for best hotel website, and seven consecutive AAA/CAA Hotel Partner of the Year awards. Nearly sixty percent of Best Western branded hotels earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award in 2015. To learn more about our company culture visit the following: http://bit.ly/BWHR_Corporate_Culture_Video
Related Keywords:Excel, Cognos, SQL, Oracle, Tableau, Avaya, Access, report analyst, business intelligence, call center, relational database, business analytics, report creation, report writing, report validation, travel, hospitality, hotels, analysis, data elements, data modeling, queries, data integrity
To apply for this position, please clink on the link below to be directed to our online application...