What's the job?
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling bartender? As the friendly face of our hotel bars, you'll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you're preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you'll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
- Create a warm and welcome to everyone and setting the tone for each guest's experience
- Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, and highlight promotions to guests
- Work with your restaurant colleagues to offer seamless food service
- Setup your bar – stock up on supplies you'll need, manage inventory and make sure all your equipment works
- Change beer kegs
- Be cleaner than clean – meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
- Look after your bar – keep it clean and tidy and make sure the alcohol is always secure
- Give guests a better experience by helping with any questions or advice
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Wear your uniform with pride
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
- Always follow safety procedures, and notify your Manager of any safety issues
What we need from you
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Ability to stand during the entire shift
- Must speak fluent English
- Ability to stand for long extended hours
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.