J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Position Goal: The goal of the School Social Worker is to promote and enhance the overall academic mission by providing services that strengthen home/school/community partnerships and alleviate barriers to learning. The School Social Worker significantly contributes to the development of a healthy, safe and caring environment by advancing the understanding of the emotional and social development of children and the influences of family, community, and cultural differences on student success and by implementing effective intervention strategies.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or equivalent from an accredited college or university (Required)
- Arizona State Social Worker license (preferred)
- One (1) year of successful social work experience or one (1) year of field instruction in a school system or six (6) semester hours of acceptable coursework in the organization, operation and philosophy of public schools
- Knowledge of school, district, and community resources available for children and families
- Ability to assess family and student needs and provide intervention support
- Ability to coordinate activities with related and specialist staff
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, parents and the community; excellent human relations skills; both oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with a diverse population of staff, students, and parents
- Ability to develop and maintain required records and reports; good typing and computer literacy skills (required)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Uses knowledge and understanding of the reciprocal influences of home, school, and community to intervene for student success via such practices as assessment, crisis intervention, home visits, conflict resolution, individual and group counseling, consultation, program development, dropout prevention and coordination of school and community services
- Uses student, family and school assessment results to identify needs that impact student learning
- Develops long-term and short-term intervention plans consistent with curriculum; students’ needs, strengths, diversity and life experiences; and social and emotional factors
- Assists students and their families to gain access to formal and informal community resources
- Facilitates parent education program/classes
- Assists school personnel on such issues as attendance, confidentiality, ethnicity and diversity, behavior management, discipline, crisis intervention, child abuse and neglect
- Plans school and/or system-wide programs to promote a safe, healthy, caring school climate that fosters academic success
- Participates in appropriate professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills
- Collaborates with teachers and administrators to address the immediate concerns of at-risk students
- May be required to participate in student’s meetings which occur beyond the staff’s work assignment schedule School Social Worker
- Participates in intervention, 504 and IEP meetings, and other meetings to ensure student services
- Performs other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Certificated Non-Teaching Initial Salary Placement- 3 Year, Grant Funded
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 10 Months, 198 Days Hours: Full-Time, 8 Hours per Day
Reports to: Principal or Coordinator of FLSA Status: Exempt
Curriculum & Instruction
Notice of Non-Discrimination
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX , Athletic Director, 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Student Services, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 no discrimina en base a la raza, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad, la edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las polízas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Director Atlético 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Servicios Estudiantiles, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)