J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Position Goal: Special Education Paraprofessionals work under the supervision of a special education teacher to provide care and support in a safe and appropriate manner while focusing on each student’s academic success in meeting their individual goals. There are no supervisory duties over other staff assigned to this position.
You may choose the days and/or schools that you would prefer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support the Mission, Vision and goals of J.O. Combs Unified School District
- Provide academic and/or behavioral support based on the identified student needs under the supervision of the special education teacher
- Assist teachers (in special education and general education) or therapists with support during instructional lessons or therapy sessions
- Work collaboratively with the special education teacher, administration, general education teachers, parents, therapists and students to implement the goals and accommodations/modifications specified in each student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Perform activities of daily living with/for students including, but not limited to: toileting, diaper changing, grooming, dressing, feeding and/or drinking
- Assist students in the use of alternative and/or augmentative communication or other assistive technology devices.
- Accompany students from one location to another in classrooms and on campus
- Collect data on student’s IEP goals in collaboration with the special education and/or general education teacher, using a variety of data collection techniques to monitor student growth and progress
- Maintain cleanliness of classroom environment
- Assist education staff with other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to move about the classroom and campus and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, controls and to reach with hands and arms, bend stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. The employee may have to safely physically restrain a student from hurting self or others.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties and responsibilities.
Duties may require an employee to be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat or cold, wind and rain. High humidity and/or dusty conditions may also be present.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)