J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The paraprofessional will support the classroom teachers to ensure that the curriculum and school programs are implemented in a way to maximize student learning experiences.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a 2-year college degree (AA from an accredited institution), 60 credits toward a 4-year degree or successful completion of the ParaPro Assessment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret educational documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instruct students within assigned area.
- Provide direct instruction based on identified student needs in collaboration with the classroom teacher.
- Participate in the use of appropriate assessment tools and methods to accommodate the unique abilities and needs of students.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality regarding records and documentation.
- Work as a team member to implement strategies, activities and techniques for promoting quality student performance in both academic and social behavior based on students’ prior knowledge and experience.
- Assess learning outcomes in collaboration with the classroom teacher, using various methods to monitor the effectiveness of teaching strategies.
- Maintain CPR and first aid certifications.
- Adapt curriculum as a member of a collaborative team to meet the needs of the students.
- Assist with the following record keeping: daily student logs regarding skills addressed, lesson plans and notes, parent communication logs.
- Assist educational staff with other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, push or pull. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat or cold and dusty and/or windy conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range F
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 9 Months, 190 Days
Hours: 30-35 weekly
Reports to: Principal, Teacher, or Program Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, December 20, 2017 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)