J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kinder Lead Paraprofessional
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The Kinder Lead Paraprofessional works under the supervision of the building Principal and Coordinator of Community Education to offer individual, small, and large group activities for the licensed Kinder Express program at District elementary schools. The program offers an affordable, safe, nurturing environment with a comprehensive approach to meet the childcare and academic needs of working families.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum age: 21
- Associate of Arts, Paraprofessional Certification, or 60 college credit hours required.
- Documentation of one of the following:
A. High School Diploma or GED, at least 12 months experience in managing an activity center, child care, or school program including planning, coordinating, supervising, and directing activities for elementary age children and:
i. Three credit hours or more in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field from an accredited college or university; or
ii. At least 30 actual hours of instruction, provided in conferences, seminars, lectures, or workshops in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field:
B. At least 6 months of child care experience and an associated degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field; or
C. At least three months of child care experience and a bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field.
- Must have positive personality and strong management skills.
- Must possess or have applied for Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card prior to employment.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Must have had within the past 12 months or be able to obtain within three days of hire a negative tuberculosis test.
- Must have the ability to do physical tasks associated with the moving of tables, chairs, boxes, and light lifting.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computer usage, keyboarding and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Designs, organizes, directs, and teaches a variety of educational activities for Kindergarten students enrolled in the program.
2. Creates, follows and posts weekly lesson plans that support Kindergarten classroom objectives.
3. Communicates effectively with school and District employees.
4. Establishes and maintains informative and supportive relationships with parents.
5. Maintains discipline, safety, and control of site.
6. Develops rapport and facilitates effective communication with students.
7. Participates in hiring, training, supervising and supporting the Kindergarten Express Aide.
8. Maintains files and attendance records.
9. Ensures compliance with all Arizona Department of Health Services and Department of Economic
10. Encourages high level of student participation in daily activities.
11. Maintains the facility by keeping it clean, organized, and secure, including the reporting of problems.
12. Organizes and maintains equipment and activity materials; arranges for repairs/replacement.
13. Conducts daily set-up and take-down of program furniture, equipment, and activity materials.
14. Assists students with Emergency Evacuation situations, including drills.
15. Attends all staff meetings and trainings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to handle sports equipment and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel. The employee is required to move about the campus, including playground areas. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision
and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range I
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 9 Months, 180 Student Days
Hours: Part-time, up to 5 Hours
Reports to: Principal
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)