J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The Instructional Coach is a master teacher who serves as a member of the instructional staff with responsibility for Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment programs and for providing Professional Development for teachers. The instructional coach assists, supports, and coaches staff members in effective instruction with emphasis in the curriculum areas of reading, writing and mathematics to ensure student success and academic achievement. The goal of the instructional coach is to build capacity in the use of effective instruction by providing ongoing coaching, demonstration teaching,and guiding teachers. The Instructional Coach serves as a member of the District Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Professional Development team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory teaching experience
- Knowledge of Arizona State Standards and National Standards
- Knowledge of current academic and instructional research
- Skill in instructional processes that facilitate integration of curriculum
- In-depth knowledge of planning for learning and instructional strategies
- Technology literacy and a willingness to use technology innovatively
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong understanding of intervention and appropriate instructional practices
- Knowledge and understanding of effective strategies for instructing diverse learners
- Knowledge and understanding of effective instructional strategies, research-based best practices, a variety of assessment methods, and effective coaching practices
- Knowledge and skill in areas such as mentoring, classroom management, alignment of curriculum, instruction and assessment, peer coaching
- Expertise in working with colleagues in area of professional development, learning teams, teacher support and/or instructional planning
- Effective communication, planning, organization, presentation and leadership skills: ability to work with and motivate others
- Experience working with site-based teams
- Ability to plan and present information/training for the adult learner
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without constant supervision and under stressful timelines
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships with teachers, administrators, parents, students and community
- Ability and willingness to work outside the traditional teacher working hours and calendar, including evenings, weekends and summers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities The Instructional Coach works in conjunction with site leadership, district leadership and various departments to enhance teacher effectiveness and student achievement. Expectations include the following.
- Support the goals, objectives, strategies and programs of the district
- Assist with the annual review, update, and writing of District curriculum to ensure compliance with the State Standards
- Assist in the development and execution of District Professional Development
- Assist with the alignment of standards/curriculum with related instructional materials, strategies and activities
- Assist staff with setting achievement goals based on the results of student assessments
- Conduct classroom observations and mentor teachers needing assistance with curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Attend professional development workshops in job related areas
- Assist in the alignment of standards/curriculum with related instructional materials, strategies and activities
- Assist and support staff (principals, classroom teachers, special education teachers and instructional assistants) in providing effective instruction and improving student achievement
- Keep principals and teachers up to date on effective instructional strategies, techniques, activities and materials, that through research, have proven to increase student achievement
- Model direct, explicit systematic instruction including effective teaching techniques and strategies, coaches staff members in implementation of effective instruction
- Understand and interpret assessment data, both formal and informal, to inform instructional decisions
- Assist staff with the understanding and interpretation of assessment data to inform instructional decisions
- Support district staff in monitoring new/probationary teachers in establishing effective instructional strategies and classroom management techniques
- Coordinate and provide on-site curriculum related professional development (class demos, workshops, in-services, classes, etc)
- Attend site-based leadership team, grade-level and/or staff meetings. Attend and/or facilitates TAT (Teacher Assistant Team) meetings
- Assist in the implementation and interpretation of comprehensive needs assessment
- Assist with coordination of parental involvement meetings, workshops, family academic events, curriculum nights
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the work unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Certificated Initial Salary Placement
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 10 Months, 198 Days
Hours: Full-Time, 8 Hours per Day
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Coordinator of Curriculum and Instruction
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, March 20, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)