J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Innovation Content Coach, K-12
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The Innovation Coach is a master teacher who serves as link for curriculum, assessment, professional development and best practices of instruction involving content knowledge, knowledge of the standards, assessment of student learning, and application of understanding acquired through professional learning. The primary responsibility of the Innovation Content Coach is the coordination and implementation of integrating innovative practices, including but not limited to, utilizing technology as a tool, for learning across the curriculum in the District’s elementary and secondary programs and serves as a member of the District Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Professional Development team.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory teaching experience
- Strong knowledge of Arizona State Standards (Core Content Standards), District curricula and programs, familiarity with instructional programs and resources overall
- Strong knowledge of technology integration matrices
- Knowledge of current academic and instructional research
- In-depth knowledge of effective student engagement, assessment, and best practices of instruction
- Technology literacy and a willingness to use technology innovatively
- Skill in instructional processes that facilitate integration of curriculum
- Strong understanding of integration practices intervention and appropriate instructional practices
- Strong understanding of flexible and personalized learning
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without constant supervision and under stressful timelines
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships with district personnel at all levels: ability to motivate others
- Ability and willingness to work outside the traditional working hours of teachers, including evenings and weekends as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Innovation Coach works in conjunction with district leadership, site leadership and various departments to enhance teacher effectiveness and student achievement. Expectations include the following.
- Carries out District’s vision for 21st Century Learning
- Coordinates practice between the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment departments and IT
- Assists with communicating the District’s curriculum to staff, parents and the community.
- Coordinates and assists with recommendations for curriculum and resources related to innovative classroom practices (blended learning, personalized learning)
- Creates and maintain a District site for technology resource collections and information
- Assists with summer school curriculum, assessments, and professional development
- Provides programming to improve instruction and student engagement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- Delivers specialized or rigorous academic courses and curricula using innovative practices, including digital learning technologies and assistive technology
- Coordinates the development of district-level assessments
- Analyzes district level assessment data and utilize the information to make instructional and management decisions that will positively impact student achievement
- Assists teachers in creating an environment that develops 21st Century skills including digital literacy and learning experiences
- Models, demonstrates, and facilitates innovative practices and the appropriate use of technology that supports District curriculum and assists teachers with moving their practice forward and improving student achievement
- Conducts classroom observations and mentor teachers needing assistance with innovative practices, including technology integration for learning
- Maintains state and national presence for digital resources, personalized learning and blended learning programs through conference and committee participation and other appointments as they arise
- Maintains current knowledge of instructional “Best Practice” methodologies
- Maintains a presence on district campuses by working with sites and/or departments and a variety of content area departments and teachers to promote student achievement across the curriculum using technology to integrate learning.
- Is willing to be trained in programs that center around district initiatives and provide training to other staff members
- Coordinates and supports high-quality professional development for educators, school leaders, and administrators in innovative practices, including technology integration to personalize learning and improve academic achievement
- Works effectively in a team setting with other content area specialists, professional development specialist and instructional coach
- Work to facilitate the implementation and integration of district/site digital systems
- Is available for demonstration teaching, staff in-services, and assistance with teacher observation/mentoring
- Assists in pursuing grant monies to enhance initiatives with innovative practices, including the use of digital resources and technology
- Assists with Gifted Programs
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the work unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Certificated Initial Salary Placement
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 10 Months, 198 Days
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full-Time, 8 Hours per Day
Reports to: Coordinator of Curriculum and Instruction
Notice of Non-Discrimnation
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX , Athletic Director, 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Student Services, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 no discrimina en base a la raza, el color, la religión, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad, la edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. J.O. Combs Unified School District #44 tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las polízas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Director Atlético 2505 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-882-3540 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Servicios Estudiantiles, 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or 480-987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 7, 2018 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)