J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker Substitute
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The Food Service Worker works under supervision to assist in the preparation, serving and clean up of food in quantity food service operation. The Food Service Worker uses safe food practices in setting up serving line. Food Service Worker serves and stores food and equipment for students and staff by performing the following duties.
This position will work approximately three hours per day, on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of foods as instructed.
- Operates standard cooking and baking equipment such as oven, range, convection oven, microwave oven, steam cooking table and hot holding carts.
- Operates institutional kitchen equipment such as mixer, slicer, chopper, scale and dishwashing machines.
- Is responsible for work of routine difficulty in the preparation of food products.
- Selects, weighs and measures ingredients and prepares food.
- Sets up serving lines.
- Sets up steam table, salad bar and serving area.
- Serves students with correct portions.
- Performs all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed.
- Cleans up serving lines.
- Cleans work areas and disposes of refuse. Assists in the cleaning of the kitchen, equipment and utensils.
- Performs all general clean-up. Washes dishes, pots and pans, equipment, cooking and preparation surfaces and the floor.
- Performs additional related duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and extreme cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)