J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The Food Service Cashier works under supervision and is responsible for the collection of funds and reimbursable lunch data. The Food Service Cashier uses safe food practices and assists in other areas such as preparation, serving and clean-up as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Experience in institutional food preparation helpful but not required.
- Ability to utilize computer software programs for cashier responsibilities to ensure efficient and accurate record keeping.
- Must be able to safely operate institutional equipment.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must have knowledge of and must be able to adhere to District, state and federal policies, regulations and procedures.
- Must be able to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend cooking instructions, recipes, short correspondence and memos.
- Must be able to effectively present to supervisors, students and other employees.
- Must be able to lift required amounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a variety of records and prepares reports, including daily cash report, free/reduced lunch roster, etc.
- Utilizes computer software programs to ensure efficient and accurate recordkeeping.
- Maintains student accounts, collects money and makes summary reports as needed.
- Reviews and processes free and reduced lunch applications.
- Assists in the preparation of foods as instructed.
- Works on the serving line as needed.
- Assists in the cleaning of the kitchen, equipment and utensils.
- Performs all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed.
- Performs all duties of Food Service Worker when required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and extreme cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range G
Benefits: Per District Policy
Hours: Part-time, 3-5 h/d or Full-time, 6-8 hours per day
Contract: 9 Months, 185 Days per Year
Reports to: Food Service Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)