J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
The Crossing Guard is responsible for safely assisting students across streets and appropriately controlling vehicular and pedestrian traffic at crossings.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Knowledge of traffic regulations pertaining to school and pedestrian crossings.
- Knowledge of traffic control devices.
- Ability to quickly assess and make a determination of safety with traffic and students.
- Ability to manage groups of children.
- Ability to clearly state directions in an outdoor environment, must often speak over noise of traffic.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Reliable transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct or escort students across streets in a safe manner, stopping traffic as necessary.
- Communicate traffic and crossing rules and other information to students and adults.
- Place and remove crosswalk signs as needed.
- Use proper hand and verbal commands as needed.
- Adhere to regulations and guidelines governing school crossings.
- Report any unsafe behavior of students immediately to the supervisor.
- Record license and vehicle information of unsafe or speeding vehicles. Report unsafe drivers or problems
- with traffic patterns immediately to the supervisor.
- Maintain a constant awareness of surroundings – students possibly running to the crossing or unsafe drivers
- approaching the area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak clearly and
occasionally over the sound of traffic and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to recognize gaps in traffic and step safely into traffic. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision
and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working outdoors and will be exposed to outside
weather conditions including extreme heat or cold, wet and/or humid conditions and motor vehicle exhaust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range G
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 9 Months, 186 Days
Hours per Day: Part-time position, approximately 2 hours per day
Reports to: Principal or Dean
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)