J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Position Goal: The Counselor is a member of the instructional staff with responsibility for group educational and vocational guidance services to promote a positive educational environment for all children.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree
- Arizona Counseling Certificate
- Three (3) years of satisfactory teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of Arizona State Standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of current counseling and guidance strategies and techniques
- Demonstrates skill in instructional processes that facilitate integration of curriculum
- Demonstrates technology literacy
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish communication between school staff, parents, students, District Administration, community members and intergovernmental agencies. Act as a liaison between classroom teacher and student.
- Provide academic counseling and guidance.
- Comply with Arizona revised statutes, district policies and administrative guidelines.
- Provide consultation and coordination of resources to students, staff and parents.
- Utilize appropriate counseling techniques to meet student needs.
- Participate in program development.
- Initiate and implement intervention and prevention strategies.
- Coordinate administration of state mandated tests and other assessments.
- Assume a leadership role as designated.
- Maintain professional responsibilities.
- Assist in collection of data for Federal and State program reporting.
- Attend professional development workshops in job related areas.
- Seek community resources to assist with special projects.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands, stand, bend, stoop or kneel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Certificated Non-Teaching Initial Salary Placement-3 Year, Grant Funded
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 198 Days
Hours: Full-Time, 8 Hours per Day
Reports to: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)